- Examine, research and complete title abstracts.
- Use courthouse computer systems to examine property and tax assessment records for compilation of information about a specific property.
- Copy or summarize recorded documents, such as leases, right of ways, and judgments affecting specific property.
- Examine liens, judgments, leases, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify legal description, ownership and restrictions.
- Create and review run sheets, deed plots, and flowcharts for abstracts and title opinions.
- Prepare detailed Ownership Reports.
- Research and abstract oil and gas leasehold interest ownership.
- Produce accurate, detailed reports summarizing research results based on client requirements.
- Submit reports and results from researching liens, mortgages, right of ways, easements, back taxes, mineral, coal, oil and gas ownership, and verification of current surface ownership.
- Searches deed records utilizing various county software & websites for internal counties.
- Searches judgment records utilizing various county software & websites.
- Obtains copies of deeds and judgments utilizing online services and working with Copy
- Transmits completed updates to appropriate party (client, closer, etc.).
- Ability to interpret complex legal documents to obtain and understand legal property descriptions.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate appropriate initiative when making decisions and problem-solving.
- Exhibit the ability to prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Basic familiarity with standard Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word.
- Intermediate Micorsoft Excel skills to include such capabilities as using multiple worksheets, totaling columns, changing formats, and entering/using basic formulas.
- Ability to type using a computer keyboard to enter information rapidly, accurately and proficiently.
- AAPL Membership preferred
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed